Monday 29 June 2009

The Queen & I!


So - it is official - I met the Queen!

I feel honoured to have been invited to the Royal opening of the Glendoe project, as hosted by SSE today, Monday, 29th June 2009.

50 guests were invited to the ceremony, which also included a tour of the dam & underground action.

SSE has provided the Lovat, Loch Ness, with the off-season boost & support it needed - but the relationship has been one of mutual friendship, built solidly over the past 4 years. SSE staff have returned with their families & wives, making us realise that staying here was not just part of the job.

The day was truly warming & I am delighted to have been a part of this special occasion.

Thank you to Ian Marchant & Susan Braid who made it possible for me to chat with the Queen & even offer her a special rate to stay at the Lovat, if she found herself passing in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, I cant believe you were pimping the Lovat to her nibs...You can be such a tart sometimes... 8-)

    Let me know if she takes you up on it. I dont want to bump into her on the way to the heads dressed in my PJ's,
    luvnkisses
    ChrisnBabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline,

    It's great to see the photos of HM and you - I only wish I'd had a camera to take a shot of the look of abject terror on your face a milli-second before you were introduced !! A pricless memory for me. Thankyou. Alan K.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment