Wednesday 3 June 2009

4 years on...





& still loving it!

Honestly, it is not often that I am lost for words but - yes, the guys, really got me good today.

It was G's little tears that started me off & then the emotions just kept on coming. I guess it was the fact & the realisation that I truly am working with an incredible bunch of people.

G said, that never in her whole 30 years of hospitality has she ever experienced anything quite like this.

On 3rd June 2005, DG & myself took over the Lovat, Loch Ness. To mark the anniversary, the staff all hid in the Dining Room on 3rd June 2009.

I was led into the Dining Room along with DG. We were greeted with cheers, balloons & smiles.

If this wasn't enough - John made me even more proud as he read his poem.

We were presented with presents & a cake to mark the occasion. Lesley had gone to so much trouble, getting 'Still Loving it at the Lovat ' bags & chocolates. The attention, thought, preparation & care gone into the whole planning & detail was & still is, mind blowing.

This was all too much for me as I was overwhelmed with gratitude, warmth & complete awe. I work with these people, they work with me & we all work together. The hotel has gone through such a transformation - it could not have been possible without all of us put together & a day like today, shows that the hotel has never been so strong.

Loving it at the Lovat has never meant so much nor been so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment