Sunday 17 August 2008

Lost...literally!





I managed to pop away with both David & Geraldine holding the Fort. In August?...I hear you say - I know but occasionally there is a little occupancy blip which allows or necessitates one to take advantage!


I started the afternoon with an hour of 'stress-relief' pampering at Boath House followed by a road trip to the East Coast. I was hoping to stay in Inverness but with all hotels booked out I decided to venture off to stay with some hotel friends. For a journey that should have taken just over an hour, I started to wonder where I had gone wrong as I entered Aberdeen City Centre about 2 hours later! I think it was the lady who I asked directions from - getting confused with my request for Dinnet, that sounded similar to another village in the opposite direction!


I left Dee-side this morning after a restful sleep - it is certainly beneficial to get away even for a few hours to re-access the business situation - rejuvenate & come back with some ideas & solutions to any lingering issues or trouble spots.


The best part about my journey was the 'ah ha' moments - these being...'ah ha' - so that is where that place is! I love my whisky & driving past the distilleries made their existence even more real. Sadly I wasn't able to sample but to go to a whisky's birthplace was just as exciting - Glenlivet, Benromach, Glenfiddich, Tomatin, Tomintoul - bearing in mind I probably wouldn't have past them all if I hadn't been lost!


As I headed over the Lecht - an eerie experience to see deadened chair lifts & green grass - I screached to a halt as I was reminded of what had happened yesterday - I had been lost & to concrete it all - it was in a sign! Amazing! And there was me thinking that the East Coast had nothing! Well it now has a sign saying Lost & I also rode across a bridge called 'Cock Bridge' - well you have to giggle don't you!

So...I may still be a little lost but at least I have now come home to the Lovat, where I belong...for now anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment