Friday 19 October 2007

Spean Bridge - Glasgow

When personal time is limited - it becomes the most precious commodity in ones life.
It was therefore with eager anticipation I embarked on a 3.5 hour train journey from Spean Bridge to Glasgow for a two day break. This would not only avoid the trauma of driving the A82 but also the mysteries of Glasgow City centre's traffic system.
Leaving the car safely beside the golf course at Spean Bridge the train duly arrived on time and my pre booked seat awaited me.
From the outset I was enthralled by the myriad of colours which greeted me at every turn. A natural palette of greens, yellow, red & russet, just breathtaking.
No wonder the programme 'Monarch of the Glen' was enjoyed by so many, as the train passed by the countless scenes it had portrayed .
So the journey continued, disgorging passengers at pristine white clad halts in the middle of nowhere so they could carry on the Great Glen Way by foot. like thousands of others before them.
Crossing Rannoch Moor was particularly poignant with the haunting echoing silence of passed battles in ones mind.
My reading matter remained untouched during the journey and arriving at Glasgow Train Station it was with dawning realization I would be returning exactly the same way. I could hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment